There was a Buddhist mystic, who burned wooden Buddha statue of the temple, where he has to stay at chilling night before, to safeguard himself from chilling cold.
In the morning the priest of the temple got angry to see the ashes of Buddha’s statue, then he started searching for Buddha in ashes and told him that had Buddha was there in that statue then he must be in these ashes also, don’t worry if I will find him I will return to you.
He was thrown out of the temple but he started praying the Milestone in the morning indicating the priest that let new statue be of this stone! Rest is history because afterwards all statues of Buddha are made out of stone. So huge and so gigantic could not be possible in wood.
Yes, God can be prayed in garbage provided you can see it there. The God or Love or Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. These three are names of same phenomenon in India people call it सत्यम शिवम् सुंदरम or सत चित आनंद (truth, conscience and happiness that they bring in your life).
Yes garbage can be prayed as God and you may ultimately discover that it is true at least for you. The fault is not in God but in our inability to see or his inability to present himself to you. Exact answer to this question is nearly impossible because it is like ‘Hen and egg’ puzzle. Still I will try.
God or ‘self’ or consciousness is eternal, constant, present and infinite. So you too have all these qualities provided
1) you can remain in present moment, because for God or self there is no past or future. He is in present from eternity to eternity or timelessness.
2) Kabir said :प्रेम गली अति सांकरी, जा में दो ना समाय। means if you-as ego or doer-are present in subtlest form ‘self’ or God’ could not be ‘seen’. Yes it is true that the experience happens on its own through eyes only.
To remain in present moment you can only practice meditation. Your work or your yearning for thinking or your love all these can be done meditatively then their very nature changes in long run and one day in a moment when you become egoless then that ‘seeing’ happens. Then transformation happens in a moment and you are not the same person again for eternity because you have tasted timelessness within the framework of time. Then and only then you will be able to see God everywhere, no no you will see God in everything first then you see that thing.
Awareness meditation is the way worked for me, may be you too find it suitable otherwise Dynamic meditation is for most of the people. There are 110 other meditation techniques discovered by Indian Mystic Gorakhnath about 500years before and further modified by Osho that one can experiment and the suitable one could be practiced in routine life.
Osho International Online (OIO) provides facility to learn these from your home,
1. through Osho Meditation Day @€20.00 per person. OIO rotate times through three timezones NY,Berlin and Mumbai. You can prebook according to the convenient time for you.
2. There is OSHO Evening Meeting streaming which can be accessed every day at local time starting 6:40 pm (of which Osho says that he wants his people to view it all over the world and these days it is possible) and 16 of the meditations mostly with video instructions and so much more on iOSHOthrough App.
3. There is a 7 days Free Trial also for people who would like to first try it out.
This is an opportunity for learning and knowing Osho through these sannyasins who lived in his presence and brought to life his words in best possible quality in all formats.
Disciples of Jesus left him alone in last minutes but Osho’s disciples remained with him till he left his body willingly after working, till last day, for all of us to get enlightened. Jesus tried hard till last minute, before being caught, to teach meditation to his disciples. As per Saint John’s Gospel:- Jesus used word ‘Sit’ to transfer his meditative energy to them and went on to pray God, but on returning he found them sleeping. He tried two times again but in vain.
Even today Zen people use word ‘Sit’ for meditation in their saying ‘Sit silently, do nothing, season comes and the grass grows by itself green’.
Hi ….. I write my comments from my personal experiences of my inner journey. This post may include teachings of Mystics around the world that I found worth following even today. For more about me and to connect with me on social media platforms, have a look at my linktree website for connecting with my social media links, or subscribe my YouTube channel and/or listen to the podcasts etc.